Nothing's more comforting than a nice hot bowl of chicken noodle soup! Most people will agree that chicken noodle soup taste great on a winter day, but who says you have to wait until the dead of winter to enjoy comfort in a bowl? Think about it...we get sick all year around and for those of you who are still in the PMS stages of life; this is the perfect dish to sooth those crappy cramps.
Take notes because this is a recipe you'd want to try and share!
- 2-1/2 pounds bone-in chicken thighs (skinned and cleaned)
- 6 large red potatoes cut (chopped in squares)
- 1 small bag of baby carrots
- 1 large can of whole tomatoes
- l large green pepper chopped
- 1 large large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
-1 bag of short corn sweet the cob
- 1 small diced jalapeno (optional)
-1bsp of crush red pepper (optional)
-1-1/4 teaspoon pepper
-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 table spoon of onion powder
-1 table spoon of Adobo
- 1 table spoon of season salt
- 1 chicken flavored maggi cube
-1 garlic clove, minced
-1 large can of chicken broth
-1 tablespoon canola oil
-3 cups uncooked egg noodles or one of your choice (about 8 ounces)
- 1 can of Grands Home Style business (optional)
1) In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil.
2) Add onions, celery, green peppers, baby carrots, small diced jalapeno and minced garlic (cook until transparent) but be sure to not let the garlic burn.
3) Once the vegetables are transparent add the can of chicken broth and maggi cube.
4) Allow to slightly boil, then add chicken thighs.
5) In a large bowl mix chicken and dry seasonings.
6) Place chicken in large pot with vegetables and allow to slowly cook.
7) Once the chicken begins to boil and the color is no longer pink, but white add the whole can of tomatoes and baby corn on the cob.
8) In a separate pot add 4 cups of water and let bowl.
9) Once the the water has boiled add the potatoes.
10) Once the potatoes are to the consistency of your liking take a huge serving spoon and add them to your vegetable and chicken mixture.
11) Be sure to taste the mixture to determine if it meets your satisfaction, if not feel free to add more seasonings.
12) In a another separate pot boil 4 cups of water with 1 tsp of salt.
11) Once the water has boiled add your noodles and cook until al dente.
13) Once the noodles are done, you may add them to your soup mixture or place in a separate bowl (this is to avoid sogginess)
14) Heat oven to 350 degrees and place uncooked Grands Home-style biscuits and cook for 7-8 min or until the top is golden brown.
15) Place noodles in a bowl and with a big serving spoon and pour on top.
16) Garnish with parsley
#newpost #recipe #chickennoodlesouprecipe #easychickennoodlesoup #bestchickennoodlesouprecipe #simplechickennoodlesouprecipe #chunkychickennoodlesoup #comfortfood #comfortfood #cookcheatlove #tahanee #author #relationshipcolumnist #bedroombustersandbites #foodie #goodeats #yummy #foodgasm #comfortinabowl